Wednesday 21 April 2010

Question 2:
How does your media product represent particular social groups?

My media product has helped me represent particular social groups by the model I used. attempted the Indie Chick look with my model. Her style of clothing, for example, would help the reader ackowledge that it was a Music Magazine. Also, the type of language I used on the front cover would indicate it was a Indie/Rock genre by the articles I used and the standfirst I created which was: 'The Voice of Rock'. Moreover, the images on the content page would have presented Indie/Rock social groups as I took images of band gigs.

Overall, the language, style of photography, contents, headlines and implied knowledge have helped my target audience to represent particular social groups such as Indie/Rock bands.

Here are videos that represent the style of the genre:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzfzMF8zzc

No comments:

Post a Comment