Wednesday 21 April 2010

Question 6:
What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

Desktop Publishing:

Photographer - Throughout both productions (preliminary and the main task) all photographs were taken by myself. We were told at the beginning not to take copy right pictures, therefore every picture we used came from our own creative ideas. Although I took many pictures I did not use most of them. I picked out the ones which most reflected the genre of my magazine. Whilst taking pictures and coming up with my own ideas I have learnt a lot and learnt from my mistakes which produced my work to be at the best of its ability.

Journalist - As a journalist writing my double paged article gave me creative ideas on my style of writing and how I would catch my target audiences attention. It took me many drafts and changes to get my article at a higher standard from the beginning. Also, as a journalist, I took a look at other magazines that were the same genre to get inspiration. I followed the codes and conventions for this to get the highest mark I possibly could.

Proof Reader - During the whole process of my production the best way I thought to make my work better was to proof read. However, I thought this helped because going through my work I noticed odd things that needed to be altered. Another way I got my work to be better was to get other people such as my teacher and friends to read over my work so they could give me advice on what to change and what to include.

Graphic Design - Another thing I have learnt so far on this course is graphic design such as designing graphics. For example; titles, headlines etc. I can produce a professional looking media text from the desktop at home or in school. It is important to make the graphics stand out and look creative to attract the audience. You can use software such as Photoshop and Quarkxpress to create graphics. This is what professional magazine companies use so therefore it produces the best achievement.

Question 7:
Looking back at your preliminary task what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

No comments:

Post a Comment