Wednesday 21 April 2010

Question 4:
Who would be the audience of your media product?


This is Jade Ireland, she is 17 years old. She lives in Wallasey and is currently studying A Levels at Weatherhead High School. She has a younger brother who is into the same interests as her. She lives with her mum and her step-dad. Her boyfriend is called Tom whom she has been with for a year. Her favourite thing to do is hang out with her friends and her boyfriend on the weekend. She enjoys partying and listening to a variety of different bands. She's part of the typical rock social group and despises girly stuff. The latest gig she went to was Papa Roach. She is more of a tom-boy and enjoys doing boy things although her favourite TV programmes are Desperate Housewives and 90210. However, her favourite music channel is Kerrang.






Question 5:
How did you attract/address your audience?




I attempted to attract my audience through many ways for example the use of articles I chose. I chose artists/bands that I knew the audience would like. I have done this so the audience would be interested in buyin the magazine, therefore earning more profit. The use of colour is another way I tried to attract my audience with; I have used a consistent colour scheme which my audience chose during the questionnaire. I chose the colours they wanted because it shows that I've listened to the input they had. Finally the use of model - I used someone who had an experience and interest with the genre Indie/Rock. I also chose someone who was in the same age range as the target audience so they could relate to them.




In contrast, I done this for the contents page too. I still used a consistent colour scheme as mentioned before as this is what the audience selected. I have used a variety of images for example; instruments and gigs. This would attract the audience as they have a visual image to the gig of their favourite bands. Throughout the text on the contents page, I have used the word 'you' which instantly involves the reader/audience which makes them feel part of the project.





Finally, the headline on the double paged spread reflects what the article is going to be about which gives the audience an insight already. The use of image is very basic on this article, there is no model. However, it could attract the audience in a different sense as it shows realism towads the band and refers to some people in society today. The use of text I have used could attract the audience because its a biographical article, therefore, people who are interested in the band would buy this magazine and find out more information about them. Also, it gives a personal tone of the journalist.

No comments:

Post a Comment